[WikiEN-l] "The Register" is making fun of us

Mark Pellegrini mapellegrini at comcast.net
Mon Jul 26 17:12:07 UTC 2004

"Yes, please.  Coordinating responses to press about us is an excellent
idea.  I
shuddered a bit myself when I saw those responses, and when I saw someone on
IRC (Raul?) write that they had sent a followup to the second Register
piece."

I confess, I did send a reply to the second one. Nothing shrill or angry
(not my style),
I just simply pointed out three places where their second story was
factually inaccurate.
I made sure not to draw any conclusions either - nothing that would give
them fodder
for a third story. I did link to [[m:Category:humor]], so unless they want
to run a story
about the seemy IRC underside of Wikipedia (based on the raunchy quotes on
the
quotes list), I don't anticipate a problem.

--Mark