[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 12, Issue 54

Dan Miller meelar2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 15:41:29 UTC 2004

I'll join. As WP grows, we need to get on this type of
thing--almost all large organizations do it, and it's
important to manage perceptions. I'll start setting up
a draft page in my userspace, and get up a letter to
the Register as well.

Meelar

<E506B3FF6BC1254C9AC1B948C380BC2801FBB6E4 at sm-nyny-xm05.nena.wdpr.disney.com>

> "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."
>
> It would have been better to reply with mild
> explanations of how our
> Buckminster Fuller article wasn't really a "plug"
> for Drexler than to
> issue a shrill denunciation or (shudder) to loft an
> f-word at them. If
> those were the only two who wrote, than I suggest in
> the future we get
> together and coordinate our strategy for responding.
>
> Anyone care to form or join a Public Relations
> committee? First order of
> business would be to send an apology to The Register
> and assure them
> that the "wankers" who flamed them were not speaking
> officially for our
> project. We might also ask for suggestions on
> improving our article
> about their newspaper...
>
> Ed Poor
> Fiddler and Bureaucrat
>\

=====
In one of a series of interviews since teaming up on Tuesday, Kerry and Edwards predicted they would win the political fight over which party best exemplifies the values and ethics of most Americans, but Kerry said they would wage that battle on their terms and not what he called the Republican Party's "little political, hot-button, cultural, wedge-driven, poll-driven values."

--Washington Post, July 11, 2004