[WikiEN-l] NPOV is not personal original research

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 17:26:11 UTC 2004

I don't understand Fred Bauder personal attacks on me or
his bizzare logic.

Fred Bauder quotes from Israel Shahak's obituary in the
Guardian, and claims that this "puts the lie to your false
accusations, Robert.

I read the quote he included, and nothing in it denied that
quotes from Israel Shahak's book; nothing it denied the
existence of the point of view of the Anti-Defamation
League, and nothing in it denied the existence of the point
of view of most Jews.

I honestly don't know what Fred imagines he sees there, but
the words he quotes have nothing to do with what I was
talking about.

A few people here still misunderstand what NPOV means. Zero
and Fred think that they can do their own original research
on a person, and present their own personal conclusions as
"NPOV" facts. Sorry, but that is not how it works.  Rather,
in our encyclopedia we give the view of a person
(especially on the subjects they are most well known for).
We also give opposing points of view, and allow these other
POVs equal weight.

Fred seems to have read these two sentences in an obituary,
read nothing else, and then decided for himself that this
somehow neutralizes the points of view of all other people
and groups. That's not so. In fact, the text he quotes
didn't mention the issue of dispute at all.

The issue stands.

Robert