[WikiEN-l] Lightness vs. darkness (was: Anthony and the Main Page edit war)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Jul 21 13:11:06 UTC 2004

Jimbo is right:

> Behaving like a jerk to force an issue is really not helpful.
> Getting into edit wars to get your way is just poor form.

There's a difference between taking bold (but reversible) action, as I
myself occasionally do -- and then taking the heat for it.

... And committing the most venial of Wiki sins: blitzing a page with
reverts to prevent anyone else from modifying it.

The difference between doing what Larry originally wrote about it
[[Wikipedia:Be bold]] and what all those annoying edit warriors do is
like day and night, light and darkness, good and evil. It's the
difference...

...between a wake-up call and a fatal drug overdose;

...between having a bucket of cold water thrown in your face, and having
a old tire filled with gasoline hung around your neck and set on fire.

Ed Poor

(I'm a big 4 fan: I never metaphor I didn't like ;-)