[WikiEN-l] Some links to look at

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Jul 19 18:35:04 UTC 2004

I think the real problem here, though, is 172 just reverting over and
over and over.  That's bad behavior, and he should know better.

We can argue about whether it is POV to call these two dictators
dictators.  But getting into an edit war lasting that long over a
change that amounts to a single word... strikes me as unwise.

>The user adding dictator has been ignoring comments on their talk page and blanking it.

The user is by no means a model user.  He vandalized Adolf Hitler,
clearly out of protest for how he was being treated (badly) by 172.
That was wrong.

But, accusing him of "ignoring comments" is pretty much mistaken, I
think.  There were only a couple of comments there; one he responded
to, the other was just a threat from 172.

> He's also only editing on articles relating to marxist rulers/dictators.

So what?  Is there any rule which says that people have to edit a wide
array of topics?

> Our articles could really do without people adding in random prejudices. For many people
> NPOV in politics articles is impossible to comprehend.

I hardly think it's a "random prejudice" to suppose that Kim Jong-Il
is a dictator.  In my opinion, it's a valid edit.  I don't agree with
the edit, ultimately, but it's a valid edit nonetheless.

--Jimbo