[WikiEN-l] Re: Categories for images?

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 16:09:03 UTC 2004

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:39:01 -0400, Fennec Foxen <fennec at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... if there are to be categories for images only, they should be
< *enforced* as categories for images only. Otherwise, you'll
> eventually get people who "insert articles into image categories
> and vice-versa..."

Yes, thanks Fennec.  That's exactly what I meant.  Dec, I think
everything you want can be accomplished via changing the way
categories are displayed; perhaps even listing images of maps
as "Category:Image:Maps" as the section-header for images on
the "Category:Maps" page (and redirecting the category-image-maps
page to the cat-maps page) -- but internally separating Map-cat
entries into Image and non-Image based on their namespace,
not on the user-defined cat.

<sj>