[WikiEN-l] Re: Categories for images?

Matthew Trump wikipedia at decumanus.com
Thu Jul 15 23:49:05 UTC 2004

I think it would be "ugly" in that many image file names are quite
nondescriptive, using cryptic abbreviations or containing extra info
in the image file names, based on many different nomenclatures. So if
you mixed them, you would have "clean" descriptive article names
interspersed with many nondescriptive and arbitarily-formatted image
article names. I think that's less than ideal from the standpoint of
easy navigation through the metadata hierarchies.  It would detract
from the nice look-and-feel of categorization of articles.

Overall, in my opinion it is more natural to have articles and images
in separate categories spaces.