[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia denigrated in The Register

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Jul 15 15:19:02 UTC 2004

> >   "For example, if you consult the world's most useless online text,
> >   the captive Wikipedia, you'll see Fuller's entry is a plug for
> >   Eric "AI" Drexler."

> >    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/07/14/buckminster_fuller_stamp/

Another weird thing about this is that there is no rational
possibility of reading that entry as a "plug for Eric "AI" Drexler".
Drexler is mentioned, in one sentence, but not favorably or
unfavorably, just a simple fact.

Is the whole article just an inside joke or something?  I'd hate to
call the guy to discuss this only to find out I'm just lame for not
getting the joke.

--Jimbo