[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia in the news

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 16:29:11 UTC 2004

--- Sheldon Rampton <sheldon.rampton at verizon.net> wrote:

> ... That degree of
> confidence doesn't exist across the board for the Wikipedia.

Granted. But Britannica has been at it a lot longer than three years.

The other thing to remember is that a lot of our articles are very
modern and refer to completely current events. They are very relevant
to people on the cutting edge. Someone mentioned a type of armor in
Gundam anime. This would be important for anime film translators,
artists, and for afficionados. The Britannica cannot help them there.

It's a matter of the usefulness of the encyclopedia that is
important.

=====
Chris Mahan
818.943.1850 cell