[WikiEN-l] The Church of Scientology is discovered to have discovered Wikipedia!

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Wed Jul 14 00:56:48 UTC 2004

[[User:I'M4aNPOV]], who also edited as [[User:205.227.165.11]]
but signed with the user name. Without mentioning that
205.227.165.11 is in a CoS-allocated netblock. I expect this
was completely inadvertent, of course.

See
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Talk:Scientology&diff=4616961&oldid=4616317

The answer there appears to my jaundiced eye to be looking for
procedural loopholes. ("No, no, I'm editing Scientology articles
from a CoS IP, but I'm strictly NPOV myself. Of course.") I may
have had a bit much experience of dealing with CoS representatives
in the past. What do you think?

- d.