[WikiEN-l] proposal: rename "Votes for deletion" to "Triage"

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 14:51:19 UTC 2004

Robert Dodier wrote:
> It turns out that VfD is used as a general forum to
> determine what to do with an article...
> So I suggest renaming "Votes for deletion" to "Triage".

VfD should not be used as a general forum to determine what to do with
an article. VfD is for pages that should be deleted. If it needs
redirecting or whatever, list it on Cleanup,  discuss it on the talk
page, or just take the action required. If it's a copyvio, list it on
[[Wikipedia:Copyright problems]]. Misuse of VfD is a reason to change
the way people use it, not a reason to rename it.

Angela.