[WikiEN-l] admin abuse

Sascha Noyes sascha at pantropy.net
Mon Jan 26 06:19:30 UTC 2004

On Monday 26 January 2004 12:41 am, UB 1 wrote:
> Wikipedia:Administrators - As of September 2003, it is
> now possible for sysops to block usernames. It is
> important to note that sysops are not authorised to
> decide whether a particular case of vandalism warrants
> banning by username. The ability to ban by username
> has been made available for the purposes of enforcing
> a ban already approved by Jimbo. It may be used to
> block obvious reincarnations of hard-banned users.
>
> Special:Ipblocklist - 05:10, 26 Jan 2004, Angela
> blocked UnbannableOne (contribs) (Unacceptable user
> name. Please log in with something different.
> Unacceptable behaviour. Please quit it.)

I'm behind Angela on this one. [[user:UnbannableOne]] is an obvious
"boundary-experiment" by an old troll taking advantage of there not existing
any officially sanctioned policy enforcing body in order to troll wikipedia,
while making themselves "unbannable" by adding legitimate content.

Best,
Sascha Noyes
--
Please encrypt all email. Public key available from
www.pantropy.net/snoyes.asc