[WikiEN-l] Martin Harper is again censoring Wikipedia

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 15:05:32 UTC 2004

Martin Harper (MyRedDice) is again censoring the article,
"Palestinian views of the peace process". Instead of
deleting the entire article, Martin Harper has deleted most
of the (verfied) facts and quotes, leaving a skeleton
article with vietually no content!

This specific problem was already discussed in detail a few
weeks ago. It was decided that when Danny mass deleted this
vast amount of information, it amounted to vandalism, or
censorship. It was decided that when Zero did the same
thing, this too was censorship.

Jimbo, some anonymous folk, and myself made many arguments
on simple points: One may not delete verified historical
facts and quotes simply because it makes them
uncomfortable. You cannot push your political agenda by
deletin facts that are inconvenient.

Please re-read Jimbo's many posts on this issue. We cannot
have any kind of encyclopedia at all if we mass delete huge
amounts of facts and quotes to push political agendas.

Jimbo was very clear that the problem was not one of NPOV,
but one of people trying to avoid discussion of certain
points altogether. Instead of improving an article, people
were trying to make it disappear. That is uncalled for.

I am trying to mitigate the damage caused by Martin, but he
is really making a one person censorship campaign his full
time job. I am requesting mediation. However, we require
mediators who are _not_ avowedly anti-Israel and
pro-Arafat, because that is precisely the problem.

We should be discussing _how_ to present facts, not _if_ we
should present them!  For shame.

Robert (RK)

=====
"I prefer a wicked person who knows he is wicked, to a righteous person who knows he is righteous".
The Seer of Lublin [Jacob Isaac Ha-Hozeh Mi-Lublin, 1745-1815]