[WikiEN-l] Re: copyrights issues

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 10:22:21 UTC 2004

This said...this is not the first time that happens. Usually, the
mention the text is gfdl is there.

But usually as well, there is no mention of Wikipedia, no mention of any
  author, no link to wikipedia itself, no link to the article or to the
article history.

In short, the text is considered public domain, since there is no
respect for who wrote it. So...that is nice, since the text is being
used by others. But our project is not gaining anything. No reputation
as it is not considered the origin of the text, and no new contributors,
since there are no links.

Each time I raise the topic on fr, a contributor answers that no where
in the license is it written that wikipedia name itself should be
mentionned. And that the projet itself could disappear, hence making
disappear the names of the contributions. So that it is not worth it to
ask for a link to be put back to wikipedia itself

Conclusions are that the names of the contributors themselves only
should be mentionned (on the site using the content - which is totally
impracticable), or that we should ask a link to the history of the
article (which is imho, bound to let many readers of the site in
question quite abashed and wondering what is that stuff about).

Consequently, no one is doing anything, and sites are beginning to use
our content without any recognition of our rights.

This is ***seriously*** beginning to bug me.