[WikiEN-l] Policy Suggestions

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 00:11:18 UTC 2004

Then what's the point of having an encyclopedia?  Why not just have an article title and list all of the citations?

RickK

Ira Stoll <irastoll at hotmail.com> wrote:
That's exactly what I'm getting at. The wikipedia should be packed with
clickable citations.The reason why I've always loved encyclopedias so much
is the quality of the information, and the impartial manner in which it was
presented. Citations (particularly linkable) bring with them evidence for
belief, and an option for the reader to learn further, investigate for
themselves (by clicking on it). A basic of polite discourse (and a policy in
my debate club) was to accept another's argument so long as it is logical,
and to accept their premise so long as you could not disprove it (like thru
a citation). What I Don't like about the wikipedia is when the truth (or a
way of interpreting it) is removed from an article, regardless of the
quality of citation, due to overriding majority POV. My suggestions are
meant to address that. JackLynch