[WikiEN-l] Please ban Mr. Natural Health (was: Kill the puppy (was: Quacks Like a Duck))

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Jan 22 22:43:59 UTC 2004

On 01/22/04 14:32, Poor, Edmund W wrote:

> If I had bothered to keep my ssh account current when I changed
> computers last year, I would just ban him myself, announce it to the
> mailing list, and take my chances on being deluged with complaints for
> being autocratic and unilateral.
> But I'll leave that to Erik (Eloquence). He's a sufficient judge of
> consensus, and he's got his finger on the ban button.
> How about it, my eloquent friend? Do we have to put up with MHN, or will
> you eliminate this nuisance for us?

Speaking as one of those tangling with Mr-Natural-Health ... check
his contributions list. He's writing articles that are good and useful,
except for the (IMO) gross and overwhelming POV. (IMO, they're rants
and/or advocacy, not encyclopaedia articles.) They have good material
in them for articles, but that requires MNH not getting upset by the
editing process.

It would be a loss for him to leave if he could play nicer than others.

I have been on Wikipedia about 2 seconds, so I may be hopelessly naive
here.

- d.