[WikiEN-l] Duck Court

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jan 22 02:47:46 UTC 2004

From: "Daniel Ehrenberg" <littledanehren at yahoo.com>

> --- "Alex R." <alex756 at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> > I tend to agree with you Little Dan, most of the
> > damage done
> > can be rectified by reverting edits. Sure if someone
> > is really
> > destructive it might be a lot of edits, but then we
> > have a list
> > of all the contributions there only needs to be
> > someone who
> > is willing to revert them all.
> >
> > If you are too quick at banning someone you may not
> > even
> > have enough material to show that the person should
> > not
> > be allowed to contribute. better that they
> > demonstrate their
> > bad behaviour before they undergo the "arbitration"
> > ordeal.
> >
> > There might be a really, really rare case that could
> > be done
> > by the Wikimedia board, you will notice that Art
> > III: sec. 4.4. of
> > the bylaws gives the Board of Trustees the right to
> > suspend
> > member privileges in the cases of misconduct.
> > Someone would
> > have to apply to the Board to get them to suspend
> > the
> > member in that case.  I guess you have to convince
> > the Board
> > members or make an application to them:
> > http://www.wikimediafoundation.org/bylaws.pdf
> >
> > Alex756
>
> Who's on the board of trustees?

There are a total of five seats on the Board. One is Jimbo Wales,
and there are two other initial trustees: Michael Davis and Tim Shell.
It states that at Art. IV sec. 2.2. There are also two elected positions
that have to be elected within 90 days of the adoption of the bylaws
(no word on when they were adopted). These two positions are
"Member Representatives" as it states in sec. 2.1. They should be
elected one from "contributing members" and one from "active
members" (see pages 3-4 of the pdf.). The two types of members
that are entitled to be elected are: (1)  Contributing Active Members.
These people are entitled to vote in this category if they have paid
a membership fee and (2) Volunteer Active Members, who make
contributions.
I've started a page on this on the Meta-Wiki here:
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_of_Trustees
Jimbo just posted this a few days ago, so it is new to everyone.

Alex R.