[WikiEN-l] Trolls, how to feed them: not

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 00:59:55 UTC 2004

--- "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:
> I'm losing patience with trolls.
>
> If it's not a borderline case or a misunderstanding
> or the outgrowth of
> some longstanding POV dispute, but a clear case of
> someone just making
> trouble to get attention...
>
> With a username like The Fellowship of the Troll,
> tFotT seems like a
> clone of Entmoot of Trolls. Both names are an
> obvious Lord of the Rings
> reference, and both users act the same: obnoxiously.
> He's even managed
> to tick off the mild-mannered Pakaran and the
> unflappable Angela.
> Eloquence gave him a ban warning.
>
> I don't care if the ISP is different. The behavior
> is the same.
>
> Let's not make this the first case for Mediation or
> Arbitration. I
> hereby request Jimbo to contact this guy directly
> and lay down the law
> to him.
>
> Ed Poor

This isn't what mediation and arbitration were
intended for. This should probably go to the normal
system of discussing it for a few days until a
consensus forms that it is the same person (or it
might not, but I think they are the same). Jimbo might
use his discresion on this, but that would be the
first time I can think of that he does something like
that without significant discussion.

LDan