[WikiEN-l] Duck Court

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Wed Jan 21 22:59:32 UTC 2004

I tend to agree with you Little Dan, most of the damage done
can be rectified by reverting edits. Sure if someone is really
destructive it might be a lot of edits, but then we have a list
of all the contributions there only needs to be someone who
is willing to revert them all.

If you are too quick at banning someone you may not even
have enough material to show that the person should not
be allowed to contribute. better that they demonstrate their
bad behaviour before they undergo the "arbitration" ordeal.

There might be a really, really rare case that could be done
by the Wikimedia board, you will notice that Art III: sec. 4.4. of
the bylaws gives the Board of Trustees the right to suspend
member privileges in the cases of misconduct. Someone would
have to apply to the Board to get them to suspend the
member in that case.  I guess you have to convince the Board
members or make an application to them:
http://www.wikimediafoundation.org/bylaws.pdf

Alex756