[WikiEN-l] Duck Court

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 21:19:16 UTC 2004

Fred Bauder wrote:
>Well, we could have a summary procedure for egregious cases,
>couldn't call it Kangaroo Court, maybe Duck Court. It could be
>evoked by Ed Poor and a few others of his status, say also Daniel
>Mayers. They could then briefly consider the matter and ban the
>offender until the matter could be considered by the mediation and
>arbitration committees. Kind of like a preliminary injunction. Grounds
>would be the likelyhood of permanent damage to the project resulting
>from serious offenses combined with a general refusal to listen.

I wouldn't leave it to Ed or I. I would feel far more comfortable with a
quorum of the arbitration committee. In these cases, we could impose a
temporary ban pending a full arbitration process on what to do next. But IMO,
we cannot do such a thing until the submission standards go live on edit
windows.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)