[WikiEN-l] The Process (was: MNH)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Jan 21 20:09:56 UTC 2004

We all agreed to do this -- or Jimbo suggested this, I forget which:

1. Make a good faith effort for mediation. That's what the Mediation
Committee was formed to do.

2. If this results in a good solution, announce the solution and that's
the end of it.

3. In case mediation fails, the Arbitration Committee will do its thing
and render a decision. Hang 'em at sunrise or slap his wrists: i.e.,
permanent hard-ban, temporary ban, edit quota, whatever they decide.

4. If this works, that's probably the end of it. (Reincarnation to evade
a ban is usually handled by developers examining IP logs, etc.)

5. A "banned" user can appeal to Jimbo, who may veto the Arbitrators'
decision.

We are still at step #1 on MNH. It's our first case, and we want to do
this right: please give us extra time.

Ed Poor
Member
Mediation Committee