[WikiEN-l] MNH, again

KNOTT, T TKNOTT at qcl.org.uk
Wed Jan 21 09:49:50 UTC 2004

Rick K wrote:
>OK, now what?  Is he going to get to continue to mess up article after article and call people names forever because nobody wants to do anything about him?

Is would seem so. For the time being at least.

Note though that most of his edits or now to talk pages rather than article pages, this is because his constant vandalism has got his favourite pages protected. So no real harm is being done to Wikipedia's content. OTOH a great deal of harm is being done to Wikipedia's community. What will newbies think if they come across him? If we allow him to continue to insult us, delete our work, insert POV rants all over the place, and refuse to work with anyone (and I do mean anyone!)  then we are condoning his behaviour.

Let's face facts. Anyone who has had any dealings with Mr NH knows that we are going to have to ban him sooner or later. I don't mean to be so pessimistic, but he has shown no willingness to cooperate. What do we need to do to get the arbitration process sorted out quickly?

In the meantime, I have decided to try and stay away from his rants on talk pages. If he starts editing articles again I will intervene to keep them as NPOV as I can make them, but let him say what he likes on talk pages. I have better things to do with my time than to pander to his attention seeking.

Theresa