[WikiEN-l] Re: Time to clean out my closet.

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 19:20:11 UTC 2004

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen a écrit:

> Okay. I an committed. I will  post this.

This was courageous.
I am glad you finally left your silence.

> First off. The whole situation about the mediation
> committee has two/three nasty connotations.
>
> There is an advertisement with a dog that says:
> "Do as we like, or the dog dies!"

Why ?
Anyone is welcome to go on helping resolving conflicts. Ideally, no one
should ever reach these two stages. It is also up to you to make it that
it never happen.
Second, you are also supposed to help build something decent with your
own ideas. I am not aware that the committee did not listen to you,
since you said nothing, but complain when I tried to fix some pages. I
also made comments to your proposal on meta, and you never answered
these comments. Is not that a bit easy of you to write such a comment ?
How do you expect things to go on and to improve if you stay silent but
to criticize ?

> I (personally) think that the mediation committee
> is under a similar threat, and for similar reasons.
>
> The truth is that we should not upholdd the mediation
> committee any longer than it has a practical
> justification.

Agreed. But right now, there is justification. So are you talking about
a fluttery future ?

> The puppy has to catch the rabbit, or off to the
> butchers with it!!

You do not even give time for the puppy to born...

> I personally have no idea why Jimbo qualified me for the
> mediation committee. Maybe perhaps because to do otherwise
> would mean that he would have to explain any and all other
> similar decicions.

I would tend to say because you ask...
Did you ask ?
But if you want not to have anything to do with that, just say you are
not interested. If you want to have something to do with arbitration,
just ask for that.

> I know Angela and Stevertigo from the process of bringing
> up the cleanup process. My own intent was to improve the
> process of wikipedia in a manner that would remain an
> improvement, rather than a shackle on its further
> developement. I hope I can restrain myself into not
> playing any part in its further developement.

?
You made a great job on the meta pages. What changed between december
and january ? Are you just unhappy because the page about monitoring is
not something some of us seem to agree with ? Is that the problem ?

What is the problem ?

> Geoff (llwyrch) I know not at all.

It was the perfect opportunity to get to know him :-)

> Sannse (did I misspell the username?) I know even less,
> except a vague, and I must claim irrelevant
> impression (no justification, please lambast me if it
> is crappy; I will be the last person to require definitive
> determination) that she is a female.

Yes, she is.

> Uncle Ed; I personally do not trust, even though I have seen
> his actions and speech on this forum. To me he is much like
> I see myself; an unsolved equation, maybe negative, maybe
> positive, maybe the very zero point of the equation...

You do not see you in a very positive manner.

If you think other people should be part of it, do you suggested them to
be ?

> Anthere: I would be much more comfortable about contributing
> in the meditiation group, if you were not a member of it!
>
> PLEASE anthere, think long before getting offended by the
> previous sentence! I think you can perform a valuable part
> in forming the limitations of the mediation group, but I
> honestly don't see that you can offer anything positive to
> it's developement as a member of it.

I am currently failing to see how I could not be offended by this
statement, as you provide no justification for such a comment. In any
cases, you might have noticed that my name was not in the current list.
So, feel free to join if this is the main point stopping you.
If the developpement of such a project shall be impaired by my presence,
I will certainly stop participating in it. I think I gave my reasons for
  participating to its development, and those who read them should
understand the limits it will inherently put.
Did you read what I wrote ?
If so, what is the sense in what you write here ?
Honestly, I do not think you can make such statements without more
input. At least to me privately. I think that would be fair.

> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen (aka Cimon Avaro)

I am sorry you feel so disinchanted