[WikiEN-l] Proposal: News site about wikis

Kent Wang kwang at kwang.org
Tue Jan 20 11:28:57 UTC 2004

Dear all,

I am very enthusiastic about the concept of wikis and think that it is
The Next Big Thing since blogs (though I hate blogs). Unfortunately
wikis are still in an immature stage and only a small portion of
technology enthusiasts are aware of them; I'm a very active web
developer and only a few months ago was introduced to Wikipedia.

Therefore I propose that a website be created - let's call it WikiWorld
for now - that is dedicated to news about wikis and wiki software.
Important subjects about the application of wikis as a corporate or an
egalitarian could be discussed on WikiWorld forums.

Although I am the one proposing this project I'm afraid I do not have
the time to create and administrate such a site (video games, parties,
reading Wikipedia, etc). But I can think of no one but the chaps behind
the largest wiki in the world to found this project. The only
disadvantage I can think of to Wikimedia's involvement is impartiality,
but the alternative - a totally neutral party - would lack the not
insignificant experience that Wales, et al wield.

I eagerly await everyone's comments on this idea.

Kent Wang