[WikiEN-l] terrorism

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 00:03:15 UTC 2004

zero wrote:
Daniel Mayer wrote:
>> On the other hand the fact that a great many people regard
>> OBL to be a terrorist is one of the big reasons why he is
>> famous.
>
>No, most of his fame is due to his organizing a couple of
>planes to fly into the WTC.  Some is due to his other attacks.

Hello!! Slamming civilian commercial jets into civilian office buildings
killing thousands and destroying a national icon is terrorism no matter how
you parse it! I for one was depressed for a month after I saw the towers fall
on live television even though I live on the opposite coast and do not
directly know a single person killed that day. That's terrorism.

The attack on the Pentagon is only half terrorism by some interpretations due
to the fact that the Pentagon itself is a military target. Flight 93 also may
or may not be considered terrorism based on ones own interpretation. The
people on the plane were certainly innocent civilians, however (except for
the suicide hijackers of course).

But the WTC attack was certainly a terrorist act. That makes whoever planned
them a terrorist. Since we do not know for certain that OBL did in fact plan
them, we can only state, as fact, that the suicide hijackers in the WTC
attack were terrorists. OBL is just widely considered to be a terrorist since
he is the number one mastermind suspect.

-- mav