[WikiEN-l] Terrorism

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Sun Jan 18 22:51:16 UTC 2004

Maveric149 (Daniel Mayer) wrote in part:

>Of course more info is needed! Refining that we could say that they are both
>widely regarded as terrorist in the West and by nearly all national
>governments in the Arab world. That is attributing a POV to its adherents. It
>is also in line with NPOV.

>Taking that out would be expressing the minority POV that they are not
>terrorist.

You've said this a couple times now, but I must disagree strongly.

/Failing/ to state X is *not* equivalent to /denying/ X!!!

So you and Ec may disagree over whether the statement
"Many people consider Osama Bin Laden to be a terrorist.",
in the absence of additional facts, is sufficiently NPOV;
but his position (to remove it in the absence of such facts)
does not advocate the opposite POV.

-- Toby