[WikiEN-l] Request for a ban

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 05:56:40 UTC 2004

Sascha Noyes wrote:
>The policy on personal attacks is not at all obscure. On the front page of
>wikipedia is a link to [[Wikipedia:Policy and guidelines]]
>(http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Policies_and_guidelines). On that
>page, under the header "Specific guidelines to consider" is a link to
>[[Wikipedia:No personal attacks]]
>(http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:No_personal_attacks

Well you have convinced me that MNH has violated our policy on this issue, but
until we have [[Wikipedia:Submission Standards]] linked from every edit
window I don't think we can ban anybody until after we know for sure that
they are aware of our policies (even then we should always give people a
couple chances to reform their behavior). I suggest to the list then, that
MNH be made aware of the policy and asked not to violate it again.

Then come back to the list if/when he has continued this behavior. At that
point we may decide to start a mediation/arbitration proceeding.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)