[WikiEN-l] Let's roll! (was: Sep 11)

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Jan 17 01:36:06 UTC 2004

Viajero wrote:

>On 01/16/04  at 04:02 PM, "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> said:
>
>>Anyway, I hope we can move this discussion to some talk pages soon.
>>There's lots of great material here, hint, hint.
>>
>Yes, but more important at this point would to come to some concensus here
>on the mailing list regarding use of the term "terrorist" to serve as
>guideline for the varous articles. Otherwise, the issue will be hashed out
>over and over again on the respective Talk pages -- as is currently
>happening.

Exactly.  This debate is not really about the nature of terrorism or who
is a terrorist, but about whether the use of the word is appropriate in
the title of an article.

The simple fact that such a use has generated such a lively debate
involving respected Wikipedians on both sides is reason enough to omit
it from the title.

Ec