[WikiEN-l] Sep 11 (wasL User:LanceMurdoch)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 01:47:14 UTC 2004

Ray Saintonge wrote:
>It should be taken out because it is both a characterization
>and unnecesary for identifying the incident.

It should only be taken out if it is deemed unnecessary for identifying the
incident. Otherwise we would have to rename [[My Lai Massacre]], [[Boston
Massacre]], (many, many other 'massacres'), [[Holocaust]], [[Racism]], and
[[Terrorism]] itself.

>There are numerous other incidents which might be qualified
>as "terrorist", but where that term might be more hotly disputed.

Then we dispute those! But please no blacklisting of terms. That is Newspeak
and censorship.

>By completely avoiding the term "terrorist", even when it seems
>obvious, we can avoid the need to set boundaries that define
>what is and what is not a terrorist act.

Self-censorship is the worse kind.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)