[WikiEN-l] Sep 11

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Jan 15 22:43:58 UTC 2004

I hate to be picky, but were there any civilians involved in the
"military" attack on the Pentagon? Like, passengers in the hijacked
airliner? Crashing a planeload of civilians seems to qualify as
"terrorist". In the sense that attacking civilians is for the purposing
of arousing terror.

But perhaps this issue is best discussed on the talk page. Unless there
is a deeper or wider issue involved. Do we need a definition of
'terrorism'? Is it a question of /whose POV/ says that the hijackings
and crashes says were (or were not) justifiable or "acts of war rather
than terrorism"?

Perhaps the problem is that the word 'terrorism' has multiple or
shifting meanings. Like 'racism' is (a) prejudice or discrimination
against a member of a "race"; but also sometimes (b) /unjustifiable/
racism, as by an oppressive majority against a defenseless minority.

Perhaps this issue cuts across a lot of topics:
* hate crime
* racism
* terrorism
* Communism

To me, because of my simple-minded faith in my oh-so-simplistic "cult",
it all boils down to a failure to love other people. Ah, if only we
could apply WikiLove beyond the confines of our happy little virtual
world!

Uncle Ed