[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 6, Issue 57

Matt M. matt_mcl at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 15 05:12:48 UTC 2004

> > After all, what other September 11 attack could one possibly
> be talking about?
>
> I thought there was an attack by the US some exact number of years before
> 11/9/2001? I seem to recall some heated discussion in the aftermath over
which had
> the most fatalities.

The coup against Salvador Allende, IIRC. For that matter, the Catalan
national day on September 11 commemorates a military defeat as well.

> Now, for something serious to argue about: what is the correct plural
> of the word "clitoris?"

You could use either the regular plural "clitorises," or the Latinate plural
"clitorides."

And the Latinate plural of "penis" is "penes," not "peni." (Just like
"testis" and "testes.")

(Does "anal-retentive" have a hyphen?)

Matt