[WikiEN-l] User:LanceMurdoch

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Thu Jan 15 03:55:23 UTC 2004

Martin Harper wrote:

>??? wrote:

>>After all, what other September 11 attack could one possibly
>>be talking about?

>I thought there was an attack by the US some exact number of years before
>11/9/2001? I seem to recall some heated discussion in the aftermath over
>which had the most fatalities.

You're probably thinking of the 1973 ''coup'' in Chile
that the US ''supported''.  "September 11 ''attack''
should refer pretty clearly the 2001 attack on the US.

>On the other hand, "primary topic" disambiguation would probably be workable.

I'd rather have the year in there than the word "terrorist".
Either disambiguates, but the year is more restrained.
The article itself can say plenty on whether it was terrorism
(I'd say obviously so in NY, but not as clearly so in DC).

-- Toby