[WikiEN-l] Simple deletion reorganization

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Jan 14 05:13:13 UTC 2004

In the midst of the numerous proposals, I hope this one does not go
completely under. I have proposed a reorganization of our deletion pages,
including some changes to the process which should better integrate
Wikipedia:Cleanup and clarify what both "consensus" and "voting" are in
this context and when to use them.

Opponents of voting should note that this proposal does advocate a very
conservative stance on voting, including an 80% threshold and use of
voting only after consensus has failed, and only on the basis of complete
summaries of past arguments. I hope that most opponents can agree to such
a compromise.

The proposal and associated poll is at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Deletion_policy

Please discuss.