[WikiEN-l] Home pages vs Talk pages

Martin Harper martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 19:16:18 UTC 2004

Dear Robert.

I must inform you that I have yet to edit your HOME page, and have in fact only
edited your TALK page. In other words, I have edited "user talk:RK", but not
"user:RK". As such, when you say that

> Martin is still making non-stop personal attacks on me on my own home page

you are being somewhat economic with the truth. This contrasts with your own
behaviour, in that you really have edited my HOME page, at "user:MyRedDice".
Specifically, you deleted everything there, and wrote in its place:

> I promote vandalizing other people's user pages. After all, if I can do it to others,
> others can do it to me.

> Or would it be hypocritical for me to do this to others, but not allow others to do
> that to me? Well, its Ok to do it to Jews!

I hope that this clarifies the tricky  issues involved in distinguishing between HOME
pages and USER TALK pages. I trust that you will formally acknowledge to the list
that I have never edited your HOME page, at "user:RK", and perhaps apologise for
any confusion you may have inadvertantly caused.

-Martin "MyRedDice" Harper