[WikiEN-l] Sticking to the issue, as requested

Charles Podles charlespodles at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 12 18:42:33 UTC 2004

I assume that RK is referring to the edit war over
[[Palestinian views of the peace process]]? (I haven't been following
this thread too
closely, so correct me if I'm mistaken.) Observe, then, a very
convenient memory lapse
on his part.
Robert wrote:
 > People are not offering sources or
 >facts; they are just using their personal opinions, and
 >anger at Israel, to remove verified and important
 >historical facts.

Observe one instance where someone (me) did offer sourced and
referenced  historical facts (regarding the Treaty of Hudaibiya) that
contradicted part of the article in question. Note that my reference was
to a Wikipedia article, so RK could have checked it with one mouse click:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Talk:Palestinian_views_of_the_peace_process&diff=2125757&oldid=2125728

And observe RK's response; he responded to some of my objections, but
left others (those that were sourced and referenced to a reliable
source) untouched;
he responded to Martin's objections on the same topic with more
editorializing, instead of the sources and facts that he claims to love
so much:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Talk:Palestinian_views_of_the_peace_process&diff=2131253&oldid=2131208
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Talk:Palestinian_views_of_the_peace_process&diff=2131208&oldid=2131189

But despite his lack of sourced, referenced factual information to
counter my objections, he reverted the article, twice, so it included
the material that I had challenged and he had not justified (and
somehow, he removed the NPOV and inclusion dispute headers, but never
mind -- that could have been an accident.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Palestinian_views_of_the_peace_process&diff=2133693&oldid=2133433
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Palestinian_views_of_the_peace_process&diff=2133117&oldid=2133007

(I added further references to reliable historical sources later on, if
anyone has any doubts:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Talk:Palestinian_views_of_the_peace_process&diff=2133712&oldid=2133682
)

RK continues to claim that he is trying to build an accurate, NPOV
article on this topic, but his actions suggest otherwise.

--Charles P. (en:User:Mirv)