[WikiEN-l] Do not confuse vague allegations with specific edits

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 18:05:46 UTC 2004

> Here we go again... I could never follow up on all the
> pro/anti-Semitism wars on Wikipedia, but *everything else
> aside*, I find it very peculiar that all have one single
> thing in common: you on one side and hateful crowds
> of anti-Zionists and anti-Semits and soon-to-be-Nazis
> on the other.

First off, you are confused about word the word
"anti-Zionist" means. Please read the new, improved article
on this topic which Danny, myself, and Adam Carr all worked
on. Danny is anti-Zionist...but that doesn't make him an
anti-Semite out for blood.  Members of my own family are
non-Zionist and anti-Zionist, and they don't hate the Jews.

(That being said, most anti-Zionists today also have
anti-Semitic views. The problem is that people are using
the same word ("anti-Zionism") to refer to many different
things.  Last year, no one saw this problem. After I made
this point in new ways, a number of times, others here
finally figured that out. Hence the new improved article.

> Doesn't this strike you as too much of a coincidence as
> well?

Why would it be coincidence that anti-Semite would not like
a Jew?  It would be odd if they loved Jews!

> Maybe they're anti-RK, not anti-Semitic, ever thought of
> that? Seriously. Did it ever cross your mind?

No, and I think the problem is that you have no idea what I
was talking about. I was talking about the many explicitly
anti-Semitic posts made by a number of Wikipedia users,
which were well-documented.

What caused trhew problem was that Martin and a few others
here began to defend this explicitly anti-Semitic Nazi
material as correct. (They even denied that it was
anti-Semitic.)

When it was proven (beyond any shadow of a doubt) that
large amounts of anti-Semitic were being pushed on
Wikipedia, the response on this list was to defend the Nazi
material and make personal attacks on me. (People imagined
that it was I who wrote the analysis. Actually, it was
written by someone else. I can forward you copy of the
posting.)

So, no, it didn't cross my mind that people who accept Nazi
propaganda are not anti-Semitic. The term "anti-Semitic" is
the only one possible for people who defend NAzi (or
Christian Identity) anti-Jewish propaganda. (And again, you
must remember that I talking about very specific edits,
which I can show you. This is not a vague allegation.)

What made me sad was that other Jewish people on Wikipedia
agreed with me, and wrote me letters off-line, but they
refused to say so on line. They stated that their were
afraid that Wiki-En users would gang up on them as well.
(They were probably correct.)

Robert (RK)