[WikiEN-l] A proposal to improve war-prone pages.

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Jan 12 15:42:16 UTC 2004

I like Zero's proposal about having twin versions: official and draft.
I've thinking about this for several weeks, ever since the nice folks at
[[talk:Silesia]] asked me to help mediate.

Perhaps we could protect the official version, and trust admins to move
consensus text into it. An alternate or working version could be at,
e.g., [[Silesia (draft)]] and purposely left unprotected.

Needless to say -- which is why I'm saying it! -- is that any admin who
is a party to an edit war or otherwise is distrusted by those working on
the draft, should not be the one to move "agreed-upon" text to the
official article.

Ed Poor, aka Uncle Ed