[WikiEN-l] Hello

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 09:38:19 UTC 2004

Hi

Well, well, it's been a while. First, I want to thank everyone for the kind
words that have been said to me and about me, both publically and privately. I
sincerely appreciate it.

I also want to thank Jimbo, for bending over backwards to accommodate me
while keeping within the Wiki guidelines. If I have been stubborn or said anything
that offended him, I apologize here, publically. I admit that I was skeptical
at first, but I believe that his efforts in bringing about arbitration and
dialogue will lead to a greater spirit of camaraderie among everyone who
participates in Wikipedia. I also believe that this spirit of camaraderie and
partnership is the best way to pursue and promote knowledge, which is certainly our
goal.

Given all that, I would like to apologize to everyone if my (rash) departure
created a stir. I have reconsidered my position and decided to accept Jimbo's
offer of bringing this dispute before the arbitration committee, no strings
attached. I understand that the issues to be discussed will include my behavior
regarding the text in question, but I hope they will also cover the issue of
bullying on a much wider level.

I would also like to ask that, if possible, someone who knows how restore my
personal pages. Whatever happens, I am proud of Wikipedia and would like to
have some reminder somewhere that I played some little part in building it.

Thanks,

Danny Wool