[WikiEN-l] Please stop the censorship.

Ruimu ruimu at uestc.edu.cn
Mon Jan 12 04:41:52 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert" <rkscience100 at yahoo.com>
To: <wikien-l at wikipedia.org>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 6:23 AM
Subject: [WikiEN-l] Please stop the censorship.

> The result is the same. They are deleting most of the
> _content_ of the article, resulting in the same censorship
> that a small but growing consensus here has condemned.

    I didn't see any consensus, and calling those edits censorship is
unfair. Reading the [[Palestinian views of the peace process]], I feel this
article is more or less a trial, with the sum of all proofs, with a public
prosecutor and so on. The intent of this trial is to prove that some
Palestinian officials are lying. My reaction to this is:

1/ You are trying to prove that 1+1 = 2, all successful politicians are
"lying" this way, Bush and Chirac are equals in the sport, nothing new under
the sun.

2/ Such a mundane trial has no place in an encyclopedia, but we may disagree
on what is encyclopedic.

3/ If this article really has a place in Wikipedia, it should by written
mainly by Palestinians, with a little paragraph stating that some of them
may say something in English and something else in Arabic.

4/ If the complete trial has a place in Wikipedia, what I doubt, it should
be balanced with a similar trial on Israelis point of view about Peace.

About "consensus", what I did see here, is a consensus of people regreting
the departure of Danny.

And do call me "leftist", I am not. In Europe, you may find many people from
the right wing (what I am not either) that /you/ would call
"pro-palestinian". Things are not black and white.