[WikiEN-l] Re: pictures of genetalia

Arvind Narayanan arvindn at meenakshi.cs.iitm.ernet.in
Sun Jan 11 06:22:40 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 03:52:13AM -0800, Daniel Mayer wrote:

> And as already has been stated, a large number of penises are circumcised -
> especially in the United States.

And as already has been stated, United States != world.
[[Curcumcision]] says that a sixth of penises worldwide are
circumcised. I would argue that that is not a large enough
number in the current context.

<dangerous topic>
What about FGM? You're probably asking "well, what about it"
because it doesn't happen in the United States. But since it
is widespread in certain cultures should we have pictures of
it alongside the female genitalia?
</dangerous topic>

Arvind
--