[WikiEN-l] Personal attacks from Viajero are unacceptable

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 01:35:33 UTC 2004

Viajero writes:
> Sorry Robert, I won't let you get away the defaming
> these two contributors behind their backs; Danny appears
> to have left us and Zero doesn't subscribe to this list.

First off, Zero is probably Danny. Secondly, I have re-read
my initial letter and I can find no defamation or personal
attacks at all. I only described his own stated political
philosophy. (Which is also clear from dozens of public
statements and edits he has made.)

Unlike you, I really tried to work with Danny, and I had a
real relationship with him off of Wikipedia as well (i.e.
in the real world) for several months. He repeatedly made
it clear that he was anti-Zionist...yet we still got along
for some time. I have no reason to believe that he was
lying about his own beliefs.

> Smearing them as "anti-Zionists" is a ludicrous
> charge; it is as meaningless a term as calling
> them "anti-American" and simply demonstrates nothing
> more than the poverty of your argument.

Please stop your baseless slander of me. Your words only
show your ignorance of the topic, and prove to others that
you cannot be taken seriously.

In reality, Danny, Adam Carr and I all cooperated on the
new Wikipedia anti-Zionism article, and we all came to an
agreement. All of us agreed that the term anti-Zionist is
NOT a hate term, it is not slander, and that it does not
carry the specific meaning that _you_ assign to it. Heck,
some of my own family members are anti-Zionist, and I don't
hate them.  I just understand that they have a very
different view of the world than I do.

So please stop being hysterical.

The problem with Danny is that he was very emotional in his
anti-Zionism, and started to push his views. When he found
out that he could not force Wikipedia to promote his
private political views in one article, he deleted his
homne page and quit forever. That was unfortunate, and a
bit surprising. I was expecting more mature behaviour.

If you had taken the time to read the Wikipedia
anti-Zionism article, or just peruse its edit history, you
would know all this, but it seems that you are no longer
here to help. You just have personal animosity towards me.

> You think perhaps Danny and Zero wish for the
> destruction of Israel???

Does it make you feel better to put words in my mouth, and
then attack me for things I never said or implied? That
kind of behavior is out of line. If I did this to you,
people would be calling for me to be banned.

In sadness at your behaviour,

Robert