[WikiEN-l] Re: pictures of genetalia

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 01:29:50 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:
>A circumsized penis is not the natural state of a penis. It is pov to
>label a regular penis by describing him not being a non-natural state of
>a penis

It seems that you are most offended by the label so then label the circumsized
one as circumsized and the other one as intact.

>Wikipedia is not a source of information for America only. And the rest
>of the world does not necessarily want to hear about America only.

Within the bounds of NPOV, the English Wikipedia is first and foremost by and
for the English speaking world (with an emphasis on the needs of native
speakers - other languages have their own 'pedias, so this is only fair). It
has already been noted that a large part of that world has very significant
percentages of their male population with circumsized penises. So to not
include a photo of circumsized penis while including one of an obviously
intact penis is POV.

But I see you moved both photos to [[circumcision]] while retaining the photo
of an erect penis (which is, of course, more difficult to tell if it is
circumcised or not). While not ideal, I can live with that since the
comparison is more relevant to that article.

>American men are far from being the majority of men on planet.

So they should be ignored then? Since when has Wikipedia been a place where
only majority views are expressed?

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)