[WikiEN-l] Re: pictures of genetalia

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 23:31:21 UTC 2004

Alex T. a écrit:
> Many people agree with you Anthere, even
> in the United States. This is an issue that has
> become galvanized because of the supposed
> "antisemite" connotations of circumcision (though
> moslems also practice this form of male genital
> mutilation as a religious right of the parents).
> J. Steven Svoboda, a Harvard Law School
> graduate started this UN recognized NGO:
> http://www.arclaw.org/
>
> There are also some other sites to look at:
> http://www.mgmbill.org/
> http://www.noharmm.org/home.htm
>
> This is a serious problem. If you chose to
> discuss it on this list it would not be a rant,
> Anthere, as I think most list members respect
> and value your opinions. It is certainly related
> to the issue of NPOV and is not off topic
> because of the discussion about what would
> be an accurate, unbiased depiction of the
> human anatomy.

I thank you for this comment Alex.
But, it is *not* whether circumsition is *good* or is *bad* the idea
that I am desperatly trying to get through.

And in seems my comparisons are just not being understood.

I am currently hesitating just removing the pictures of the article, at
the risk of an edit war.

or explaining a little bit more crudely what I think here, at the risk
of seing my comments be seen offending by american editors.

I guess I go remove the pictures then. If someone disagrees, I'll try to
  explain again why I think the labels under the pictures ARE POV, and
why the second picture does not best belong to this article. The first
does not bring much more than the diagramm and the third provides.