[WikiEN-l] pictures of genetalia

Nikos-Optim optim81 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 17:14:51 UTC 2004

--- tarquin <tarquin at planetunreal.com> wrote:

> Diagrams instead of photos would probably be better.

Since some people seem to have problems with photos, I
agree to replace them with diagrams, find some other
solution, but I also think it wouldn't hurt if we left
the article unchanged - except if lots of people
consider it offensive. --Optim.

PS> Below I wrote some comments, my POV, feel free to
ignore or left unread:

It is really a surprise for me to see such a
discussion in Wikipedia during ***2004***... (POV
follows) I thought the dark ages were past. (POV
ended) I know however that my liberal standards are a
bit higher than most people, and I do admit that
during reading this discussion on this subject I
laughed many times thinking about the development of
human spirit, (POV follows) from my point of view I
find it ridiculous (POV ended) and it makes me to feel
sad.

Anyway, if pictures of sexual organs really offend
some people, we should take care of this. As an
encyclopedia, Wikipedia should not be offensive.
Better to use diagrams. I hope nobody will find them
offensive!

(humour follows)
Now, I would like to make my own addition to the
"offensive material" issue. Article [[Child]] has an
offensive photograph! It is the photo of a White
child. But not all children are white. There are black
and yellow children too! So this article is offensive
to non-Whites and it is written from a White's Point
Of View, which is against the NPOV spirit! I strongly
suggest to remove this photo and replace it with a
photo showing three children: one white, one black and
one yellow, representing the friendship between the
races and the unity of humanity! (in case you are
wondering, I am White).
(humour ends)

(more humour, dont read it)
And additionally the current [[Penis]] article says
"The penis is capable of erection for use in sexual
intercourse." but this is POV, because erection is
also used in [[Masturbation]]. So Masturbators would
find this article offensive and POV! :)
(more humour ends, continue reading below)

***Let's replace quickly the "questionable images"
with diagrams or find some other solution which will
keep everyone happy, and stop wasting our time with
penises!***

with Best Wishes for Peace Profound (an unknown
concept to humans),
--Optim