[WikiEN-l] Re: pictures of genetalia

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 15:41:19 UTC 2004

Arvind Narayanan a écrit:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 03:59:05PM +0100, Anthere wrote:
>

>>The natural state of a penis is with the skin.
>>Not circumsized.
>>

> The natural state of people is without clothes. Should
> we post only nude photographs of people we write about?

Yes, on an article about human, it is perfectly logical to see a human
in its natural state : nude.

See http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human

In this case, the topic of the article is the *penis*

Not *circumsision*

...an article on which there is *currently* no picture.

>>I think the picture of the circumsized penis has nothing to do in that
>>article and should be moved to the article about circumsision (a
>>difficult word to spell).
>>

> I don't agree. If a significant fraction of males worldwide are
> circumcised then certainly the picture is relevant to the article.
>
> Arvind

If so, let's change the picture legend.

We put at the top of the article the natural picture of a penis, with a
legend stating "this is a penis"

Then, much more at the bottom of the article, we indicate that some
people have their penis transformed, and we put the relevant picture
with a label "circonsized penis"

Labelling the normal penis a "uncircumsized penis" is POV.