[WikiEN-l] Re: Representing all P'sOV is important; "balance" isn't.

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 14:37:51 UTC 2004

dpbsmith at verizon.net a écrit:
> The essence of censorship, and of social thought control, is the suppression
> of alternative points of view to the point where the average member of
> society literally does not know that the point of view exists. Orwell,
> insanity is a minority of one. The goal is to get people with doubts or
> tendencies to inquiry to believe "I am _the only person in the world_ who
> believes this."

One point I raised on the fr wikipedia a few times is that neutrality is
an ultimate goal that has to be reached globally, and that each article
is only a subset of a more global scheme.

It is nice to think of having an article in itself neutral, but
neutrality will be nearer when all view points are introduced globally.

That goes in particular for all articles covering war issues.
A *neutral* article on ... say "Palestinian view of conflict blablabla"
is great.
But as long as there is no neutral article on "Israelian view of
conflict blablabla", there will be unsatisfyied readers.

We write for the whole world :-)

Neutrality is important; balance is important as well.