[WikiEN-l] Let the article say that X reports Y about Z

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 14:32:09 UTC 2004

Ed Poor and others wrote:
> This issue keeps coming up, but the solution is always
> the same:
> LET THE ARTICLE SAY THAT X REPORTS Y ABOUT Z.

Mav and others repeatedly claim to agree:
> Exactly!

However, I am beginning to question the sincerity of my
critics on this issue. The fact remains is that the deleted
material *did* do precisely this.

Danny and Zero simply didn't want this information made
available. They have an anti-Zionist agenda (which is their
right), and they do not want quotes from Palestinian
leaders made available at all, if it hurts their political
views (which is not their right.) To claim that they don't
have anti-Zionist agendas is untenable; they are very clear
on these issues.

As for the repeated claim that every single quote was taken
out of context, that is just wishful thinking.

First off, please stop misrepresenting the content of the
articles. It does _not_ claim that every Palestinian leader
says the same thing; it quotes from a variety of leaders, a
variety of sources, and provides a variety of views.

Secondly, when someone repeatedy says that they want to
destory Israel, and they repeatedly admit that they lied to
the Israelies, and that they have no intention of ever
having a real peace with them, we are obligated to report
these facts. We may not censor these facts and claim that
"Those silly Arabs don't really mean what they sa".  When
we do this, we push am obviously anti-Israeli agenda, and
we also infantilize Arabs. We may agree or disagree with
them, but let's stop treating them like children incapable
of expressing simple thoughts.

There has developed two standards of intellectual integrity
among the Wiki-En contributors. One standard is for Arabs,
and the other standard is for the rest of the world. This
double-standard must end if Wikipedia wants to be taken
seriously outside left-wing circles.

Robert (RK)

=====
"I prefer a wicked person who knows he is wicked, to a righteous person who knows he is righteous".
The Seer of Lublin [Jacob Isaac Ha-Hozeh Mi-Lublin, 1745-1815]