[WikiEN-l] the 'truth'

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sat Jan 10 12:38:28 UTC 2004

I agree, it's lame, but it's a baby, two years old. Wikipedia is, unless we
do something grossly wrong, destined to become a major human institution,
used and potentially participated in by most of the human race. Think 5
years, 10 years out, 25 years out, 100, 300. Winning by intimidation works
fine with a two year old and I think Jimbo has a blind spot in this area,
but we are all learning and this is just one problem which is solvable. The
trivia problem, like the urban legend of cow tipping, I'm afraid will always
be with us.

It's funny. I wrote the article, [[cow tipping]], one of the most ridiculous
articles and notions imaginable. (It might have been deleted long ago). At
the time I lived out in the ranch land west of Crestone. Would have been
easy to test it out. But it is such nonsense that I didn't bother. Yet I
think it's a good article and I had fun writing it. The thought of actually
stomping around in the brush trying to get close enough to one of a herd of
wild cows in the middle of the night and pushing on it...

Fred