[WikiEN-l] VfD

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 20:11:24 UTC 2004

Viajero wrote:
>Sometimes it really is better to wipe the slate clean and begin anew.

Yes - I agree. Jimbo really should take a look at the stuff added to VfD
before making a decree that VfD should be abolished. Ideals are all fine and
good, but it is us, not him, who are in the trenches. There is just too much
crap added on a daily basis for us to fix it all. Sorry Jimbo.

But I agree that VfD should not be the primary solution for bad content and
that Cleanup and its associated pages may not be used enough. However, most
of what is added to Wikipedia daily is already fixed via the wiki process -
/very/ little is actually removed or deleted. So maybe the lack of use of the
Cleanup pages compared to VfD isn't really that big of an issue after all.

Nothing wrong with separating the wheat from the chaff. That doesn't
necessarily mean deletion of a page, but if the page only contains chaff and
no wheat ...

Sometimes an edit link is more informative.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)