[WikiEN-l] NPOV means that we acknowledge all views

Angela sloog77 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 23:56:41 UTC 2004

Libertarian wrote
>It is several weeks since Ed Poor and Angela tried
>mediating on at least one issue (their mind was made
>up already but they were pretending to mediate), but
>when I confronted them with FACTS and EVIDENCE, they
>quietly withdrew from the mediation. This is a
>clear case of dishonesty, but never mind.

This is not true. All I did was initiate the mediation
by suggesting that Brian help with it as he had been
the one to list it on [[Wikipedia:Current disputes
over articles]]. I was not involved in the mediation
myself. Your suggestion that my mind was already made
up is also untrue as I've not even read the article
and therefore have no view on it.

Libertarian wrote
>He who shouts the loudest wins on Wikipedia.

Not necessarily the loudest, but there have certainly
been suggestions in the past that whoever shouts the
longest will win. The problem is we have no policies
for dealing with people who continue to do this.

Angela.